toggle menu

1896

'Glenlee' launched 3rd December at the Bay Yard, Port Glasgow by Anderson Rodger.
(Anderson Rodger took over the Bay Yard in 1879 from the original partnership of Messrs Joseph Russell, WJ Lithgow and Anderson Rodger.  The last sailing vessel was built here in 1904.)

1897

On 21 January 1897, 'Glenlee' started her maiden voyage from Liverpool to Portland Oregon.
'Glenlee' had conducted sea trials on route to Liverpool.  Here she loaded a General Cargo for Portland, where she loaded timber for the next voyage.

1898

In March 1898, 'Glenlee' was sold to Robert Ferguson of Dundee and renamed 'Islamount'.
 

1920-1922

In January 1920, 'Islamount' was in Spezia in Italy, at which time she was sold to Italian owners and renamed 'Clarastella'.
At this time she was refitted and engines were installed

1990

'Galatea' found in Seville and identified as the original 'Glenlee'.
 

1992-1993

Spain, Garvel Dry Dock

1993-1996

Pre-Restoration Removal of ballast Cleaning

1995-1996

Project planning Research and Development

1996

HLF/ERDF Funding

1997-1998

Steelwork replacement Main deck replacement Welding the masts

1998-1999

Tween deck replacement Stepping the masts Fitting out, Rigging

1999

Glenlee opens as a visitors attraction. Tall Ships Race, Glasgow

1999-2008

The Pumphouse Era

2008-2011

Extended the aft deck house Painted to her colours More Stripping Dry Dock Refit

2011-NOW

Restoration is ongoing

Next stage

Dressing of the weather deck